An update to FileHash.exe has been released as of November 27, 2018.
2018-11-27 — Version 184.108.40.2060
Recent updates include the following:
- Default behavior changed so that if no files are found in a -d (–dir) search, then the “No Files Found in …” message is sent to StdErr only, rather than to StdOut or other output files
- Added the -w (-showzero) option to revert to the old behavior for “No Files Found in …”
- Corrected the -a (–append) option so that it will create the file if it does not already exist.
- Updated to the most recent version of the HashLib4Pascal crypto library (v2.9)
- Reduced executable file sizes by selecting subset of crypto library functions
- Changed the routine for searching for a file with the -L (–LIST) parameter in order to properly detect files like pagefile.sys
- Created a 64-bit executable (FileHash64) in addition to the standard 32-bit executable
PLEASE NOTE: The 64-bit version of FileHash is faster than the 32-bit edition when dealing with a large number of files, or files of a large size. Additionally, the 64-bit version will be able to track both %SystemRoot%\System32 and %SystemRoot%\SysWoW64 folders, whereas the 32-bit edition (as with all other 32-bit utilities) will be redirected to SysWoW64 when directed to System32.
See the Change Log for FileHash for more details…